Many people and corporations claim to know how to do SEO (search engine optimization). There are many SEO services to select from. How do you know what to look for inside a good SEO consultant / service? Here are some tips.
1. Using the high competition of SEO professionals fighting for your business, some will offer fixed pricing or low pricing. A reputable SEO company will not offer you any upfront promises or pricing. All companies needs and goals differ from another. An SEO professional should take the time to get to know every aspect of your business and your advertising goals and use you to come up with a cost for the service.
2. Be sure that your SEO company is not being outsourced to some 3rd party. What I mean with this is that, when you are looking for professionals, confirm that they are completing the work themselves and not with a sub-contraced company which they hire. Your relationship has to be directly with the company or person you hire to accomplish your marketing and advertising. Too much miscommunication will break down your advertising campaign efforts. There are certain circumstances where it could be appropriate for an SEO company to outsource a portion of the work. An example could be website design. If an agency is hiring anyone to do the graphics and set-up only, then that’s acceptable as long as the SEO services doing the content and optimization of the site. Professional SEO companies with have very tight partnerships with web design professionals.
3. Make sure that they can rank difficult keywords. Ask about their strategy when you get your keywords ranked. A good test is to check if their own company is on the front page of Google. There are several circumstances where this might not apply. For instance, if someone has been doing SEO to get a very long time and decides to start out a new company, normally it takes a few months to rank their own site to the top from the search engines (just as it will for yours).
4. Be cautious about anyone who promises to have your organization at the top of the search engines in just a designated time. There is no prediction nor is there some kind of formula that can be carried out to know exactly how long it will take to rank websites. If a person is getting you to the top within a few weeks, then they are not doing ethical practices and this will only hurt you in the end. Google will catch up to SEO’s who are using unethical practices plus you site will be penalized that will put you at the bottom from the rankings. It normally takes around 3-4 months to obtain sites ranked on the internet. There may be some instances you will get to the top sooner and a few that you may get there later. It depends on how competitive your keywords are.
5. Ensure that SEO is the persons full-time profession. You don’t want your SEO advertiser being putting your campaign privately because they have other what to tend to. You also need to be sure that they know what they are doing and are not just achieving this as something extra to generate money. Also watch out for people who think they are SEO professionals because they work in a computer field. Although I’ve a degree in Computer Computer, it did not make me a search engine professional. I learned everything I am aware outside of college by way of a team of experts.